Wednesday 19 November 2008

Finally some peace!

Hello All,

We finally have some peace here in our humble little home!
Dancing concerts have finished....yaayyyy!!
Mind you for such a busy weekend, it was a great weekend.
Mum and Dad came down on Friday so Mum could come to the concert. I had only purchased 3 tickets because Mum was going to be busy that day, but her plans changed so she ended up coming along, I'm glad she did!
I just wished I had one for Dad to come and watch..... He ended up taking Emmi for the night on a special Grandpa, Grand-daughter date. I'm sure they had as much fun as we did. Well Emmi must have, as she slept in on Sat morning until close to 10am, which is VERY rare for her!
So the concerts were FANTASTIC.... All 3 of the kids were in the Friday night one. And they did a great Job. Noah was so funny. This was his 1st dancing concert and he fitted in so well. On the finale he was super funny dancing away making cute little faces. Such a performer! As always Rhylee and Abbey looked like they belong on a stage. Those 2 are just awesome to watch. Without sounding biased but they honestly light up the stage with their stage presence. So after Friday nights concert it was 3 more for the girls.... So you can imagine how tired they were by the end of the weekend!
I have a few pics of the girls getting ready. When I get the professional pics back I will post them too.

I had a great workshop yesterday with a lovely group of ladies...Hi Judy, Belinda, Annette and Sam!! We made some cute cards and a little box to store them in. Nice little gift for a teacher or friend. I have been doing so many workshops lately. I'm starting to really fill up the days before Christmas.

Now on a fun note, my Dad has been experimenting with Bread making. He took it up as a sort of therapy to giving up smoking... I am so very proud of him. He has smoked since he was a young boy. And honestly if you knew my Dad, he was severely addicted. He had tried MANY times b4 to give up but to no avail. Rhylee has always pushed the point with him about his smoking. and I think it finally got to him, so he asked his Dr for help. Well I can proudly say he hasn't had a smoke for close to 6 weeks!!! This is like winning lotto for me. I have my dad back without turning my head when he kisses me from the smell, his clothes smell nice now. He can taste food, his eyes sparkle and he doesn't cough every morning like he's going to keel over and die! Honestly WE are all so very PROUD! Well done Dad... We love you!
So getting back to the bread....it has served as great therapy.... And boy is it yummy! So while they were here this weekend, he showed me how to make some. Now I AM ADDICTED! To bread making I mean....lol. It is super easy to make and honestly the best tasting. Who would bother paying for store brought bread when you can make it yourself?
There is nothing as nice as freshly baked bread straight from the oven. And the smell that fills your house makes your mouth water. I ha vent experimented like Dad has yet. He makes all sorts, bacon, sun dried tomatoes, cheese. I'm still perfecting the Crusty White! And I must say we don't use a bread maker, we do it all by hand!
So you can take a look at my 1st loaf in the pics below.

Well I guess that's all I have for you today. I'm off to clean my house, then I'm going to sit and be crafty!!

Here are the pics of the girls dancing....






And here's my bread....yummo!

4 comments:

Melita said...

Your girls look great!! And the bread looks absolutely delish :)

Melita said...

Hi Sally - how's your day going with the bread making?
Just thought I'd let you know I answere your twilight question with a comment on my braelet post :)

kimmee20010 said...

Sally Sally Sally, i have been missing your updates hopefullly u will write some soon
that bread looks great youll have to teach me how to make it

hope you guys have a fantastic christmas and an aweosme new year see u in 2009 much love xiooxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!